Near state retirement age? Topping up NI contributions may buy £190 extra state pension a year for life
Will CGT on foreign owned property cause flood of prime London homes? That depends on how the tax is calculated say experts
Oil firms led the FTSE higher on Friday after HSBC gave several energy giants overweight ratings but the FTSE market was still down 1.5% on the week. The broader index [...]
1) We’re growing. The Office for Budget Responsibility has radically upgraded its forecasts for the UK economy to 1.4% this year and 2.4% next year. Of course, the OBR has [...]
The Chancellor George Osborne has signaled the end of the use of multiple trusts and multiple nil rate bands for inheritance tax planning. Some trusts set up under such multiple [...]
A married couples and civil partners’ tax break, which is set to cost about £700m a year will start in April 2015, enabling people to transfer £1,000 of their income [...]
Hargreaves Lansdown has split the budget into five themes and suggested a fund to play each one. These are: UK Growth - After years of sluggish recovery the UK economy is [...]
Isa investors will be able to save £11,880 from next year up from £11,520. The increase is roughly in line with the Consumer Price Index. This comes despite some speculation [...]
The Government is to axe stamp duty on Exchange Traded funds following a similar move with Aim listed shares earlier this year. In his budget statement, Osborne said: “Today we [...]
Can our pensions, savings and advice infrastructure help ordinary people cope with an accelerating retirement age?
The increase in the state pension age has been inevitable for some time and indeed the process had already begun under the previous Government writes John Lappin. But the announcement [...]
State pension age to rise dramatically for the under 50s. The young can expect to work till they’re 70
The state pension age is set to rise dramatically with an announcement expected in today’s Autumn statement from the Chancellor George Osborne as the BBC reports. The age is due [...]
Can an independent Scotland afford its ageing population? NIESR says it is not a major consideration
A prominent UK think tank says that Scotland will face considerable challenges from an ageing population whether it votes for independence or not. The National Institute of Economic and Social [...]
Most people know it is Christmas because sexy monochrome adverts for perfume and unbelievably expensive full colour child-friendly commercials for high street stores fill television screens. Investors have an additional [...]
Given that he is asked about it all the time, Psigma CIO Tom Becket outlines his views on UK commercial property below. I’m sure people think that I’m lazy when we [...]
The Government is set to reveal around £375m of infrastructure investment in the next three years with insurers putting up £75m in the next three years as Reuters reports this [...]
To what extent does management behaviour influence the success or otherwise of a company? It is a question worth asking in the wake of the Rev Paul Flowers scandal at [...]
Brazil’s economy contracted by 0.5% in the third quarter of 2013 down dramatically from a 1.8% expansion in the second quarter as the BBC reports. This is the first contraction [...]
Nearly a quarter of Brits expect to use their credit cards to fund their Christmas lifestyle a new survey has found. Research into the nation’s festive spending plans, reveals that [...]
People are waking up to the reality of living longer and the effect it might have on their retirement according to AXA Wealth, which found that almost two-thirds, at 63%, [...]
A cross party agreement to hold an EU referendum before the next election would bring investors certainty
Andrew Silverman, board director and head of public affairs at Lansons considers the importance of the EU to UK investors and the prospect of a referendum on membership. Britain resolved by [...]
The FTSE 100 finished the week where it started as concerns persist over the US reducing its stimulus package and less than compelling retail numbers from Germany further dampened the [...]
- The economy of France has decoupled from that of Germany
- What are the consequences of inflation and indeed disinflation?
- State pension age to rise dramatically for the under 50s. The young can expect to work till they're 70
- UK Autumn Statement: OBR douses Osborne's optimism
- House prices rise 7.7% in twelve months says Halifax
- Near state retirement age? Topping up NI contributions may buy £190 extra state pension a year for life
- Can our pensions, savings and advice infrastructure help ordinary people cope with an accelerating retirement age?
- Can an independent Scotland afford its ageing population? NIESR says it is not a major consideration
- Will CGT on foreign owned property cause flood of prime London homes? That depends on how the tax is calculated say experts
- The rising retirement age makes one thing very clear. The Money Advice Service needs fixed not abolished.
Sign up for the Mindful Money daily newsletter for news, analysis and expert opinion from Mindful Money’s journalists and columnists including Shaun Richards, Simon Ward, Nick Gartside, Justin Urquhart Stewart and many more.