Could we talk ourselves into a double dip recession?
- 15 September 2010
British businesses believe the country could be headed for a double dip recession, according to a survey from accountants and business advisors BDO LLP.
According to a new survey, a double dip is seen as an inevitable by UK businesses. now expect BDO's optimism index — which reflects how businesses expect trading to develop two quarters ahead — tumbled to 93.1 in August from 95.5 in July, reaching levels not seen since the deepest parts of the recession between November 2008 and July 2009.
A foregone conclusion?
- What to do about the problem that is Japan and its economy?
- European court rules airline luggage fees allowed
- Scottish income tax changes could make it a haven for pensioners
- Is an Irish economic miracle in progress?
- English subsidy of Scottish tax breaks must stop, says taxpayers group
- 'Devolution max' will not hurt UK, says economist
- FTSE and pound rise as Scotland votes 'no' to independence
- Tesco shares plummet as supermarket reveals it overshot profit forecast by £250m
- Lenders ramp up competition with mortgage rate reductions
- Mindful Money's weekly share watch: Carnival & United Utilities