Could we talk ourselves into a double dip recession?
- 15 September 2010
British businesses believe the country could be headed for a double dip recession, according to a survey from accountants and business advisors BDO LLP.
According to a new survey, a double dip is seen as an inevitable by UK businesses. now expect BDO's optimism index — which reflects how businesses expect trading to develop two quarters ahead — tumbled to 93.1 in August from 95.5 in July, reaching levels not seen since the deepest parts of the recession between November 2008 and July 2009.
A foregone conclusion?
- Will the end of the 2015 kick-start a 'Santa Rally'?
- What to expect from tomorrow's Autumn Statement
- Chancellor unveils stamp duty hike for landlords and boost for home buyers
- "How far the new state pension falls below the national living wage"
- Which economic indicators can you trust?
- Why shares in industrial tech business Smiths Group are a ‘buy'
- Chancellor scraps plans to cut tax credits in major u-turn
- A third of people have no idea what is covered by their home insurance
- Building societies launch fresh salvo targeting savers
- Mindful Money’s shares watch: Compass Group, Kingfisher & Marston’s