Could we talk ourselves into a double dip recession?
- 15 September 2010
British businesses believe the country could be headed for a double dip recession, according to a survey from accountants and business advisors BDO LLP.
According to a new survey, a double dip is seen as an inevitable by UK businesses. now expect BDO's optimism index — which reflects how businesses expect trading to develop two quarters ahead — tumbled to 93.1 in August from 95.5 in July, reaching levels not seen since the deepest parts of the recession between November 2008 and July 2009.
A foregone conclusion?
Mindful money Mortgage Tool Box
Looking To Re-mortgage
How Much Could You Borrow
How Much Is Your Home Worth
Find a Mortgage Advisor
- Got a pension pot of £30,000 or less? Then don't go into drawdown, says Aviva
- More than £41m of premium bond prizes remain unclaimed
- General Election 2015: What it might mean for investors...
- Private rents rise to a new high of £770 a month
- The Royal Bank of Scotland hit with £56m fine for 2012 IT failures
- Want to invest in property? 5 reasons to be bullish on UK housebuilders
- Eurozone could lose one in six workers due to population ageing claims new research
- Taking a longer view of investment returns...
- Gross mortgage lending jumps 8% year-on-year in October
- HMRC has 'lost track' of tax reliefs and is failing to spot abuse of system, says NAO