Could we talk ourselves into a double dip recession?
- 15 September 2010
British businesses believe the country could be headed for a double dip recession, according to a survey from accountants and business advisors BDO LLP.
According to a new survey, a double dip is seen as an inevitable by UK businesses. now expect BDO's optimism index — which reflects how businesses expect trading to develop two quarters ahead — tumbled to 93.1 in August from 95.5 in July, reaching levels not seen since the deepest parts of the recession between November 2008 and July 2009.
A foregone conclusion?
- June was worst month for FTSE in three years
- Are European powers trying to drive Greece out of the eurozone?
- Greek PM will resign if voters back austerity plans
- Tullow Oil is a 'buy' despite profit drop
- UK growth higher than expected
- Greece misses payment deadline to IMF but reports suggest Tsipras will now accept many creditors' conditions
- Greece gives further ground to creditors as Bank of England warns of risk to UK stability
- Cash-strapped drivers delay repairs
- A fifth of over-50s targeted by pension fraudsters
- Charges for using mobile data in Europe to be scrapped