Could we talk ourselves into a double dip recession?
- 15 September 2010
British businesses believe the country could be headed for a double dip recession, according to a survey from accountants and business advisors BDO LLP.
According to a new survey, a double dip is seen as an inevitable by UK businesses. now expect BDO's optimism index — which reflects how businesses expect trading to develop two quarters ahead — tumbled to 93.1 in August from 95.5 in July, reaching levels not seen since the deepest parts of the recession between November 2008 and July 2009.
A foregone conclusion?
- What will happen next to the UK economy?
- How do we defuse the UK student debt time bomb?
- Oh those ghoulish gold bugs
- Tesco shares rise as retailer paves the way for new CEO
- Millions of retirees to be offered free and impartial advice under new pension rules
- Pension reforms: The six points savers need to know
- Death of the 55% tax charge?
- UK dividend growth grinds to a near halt as the strength of the pound hits payouts
- Raging against the machines
- "Should I stay or should I go?" What to consider if your investment fund is under-performing