Could we talk ourselves into a double dip recession?
- 15 September 2010
British businesses believe the country could be headed for a double dip recession, according to a survey from accountants and business advisors BDO LLP.
According to a new survey, a double dip is seen as an inevitable by UK businesses. now expect BDO's optimism index — which reflects how businesses expect trading to develop two quarters ahead — tumbled to 93.1 in August from 95.5 in July, reaching levels not seen since the deepest parts of the recession between November 2008 and July 2009.
A foregone conclusion?
Mindful money Mortgage Tool Box
Looking To Re-mortgage
How Much Could You Borrow
How Much Is Your Home Worth
Find a Mortgage Advisor
- Too many DIY investors are running high-risk portfolios
- Royal Bank of Scotland posts £3.5bn loss for 2014
- UK economic growth confirmed at 0.5% for final three months of 2014
- Stop! Why you shouldn't access your pension cash in April
- Labour to slash pension lifetime allowance to £1m to fund tuition fees cut
- Following 2015's market highs, should investors be preparing for a correction?
- City watchdog puts extra consumer protection in place ahead of pension freedom
- IOU Ostriches: half of Britons may have damaged their credit score
- UK business investment suffers steep fall
- The practice of penalty point swapping is thriving across the UK