Could we talk ourselves into a double dip recession?
- 15 September 2010
British businesses believe the country could be headed for a double dip recession, according to a survey from accountants and business advisors BDO LLP.
According to a new survey, a double dip is seen as an inevitable by UK businesses. now expect BDO's optimism index — which reflects how businesses expect trading to develop two quarters ahead — tumbled to 93.1 in August from 95.5 in July, reaching levels not seen since the deepest parts of the recession between November 2008 and July 2009.
A foregone conclusion?
- Beware Europe-based financial advisers 'passporting' into the UK but operating to much lower standards on charges and disclosure
- Metal madness - why I'm a gold sceptic
- Under 25s relying heavily on credit to cover housing costs
- Paragon Bank sweeps the best buy rates
- Buy, sell or hold? Mindful Money's weekly shares watch: Barclays, ITV & Diageo
- Bank results season - what do investors need to look out for?
- Pensions freedom fraud increase has the "makings of a national scandal"
- Government names the banks and building societies who will offer Help to Buy ISAs
- Investors urged to “China-proof” their investment portfolios as shares crash
- There are many reasons to avoid investing in China but we only need one