Could we talk ourselves into a double dip recession?
- 15 September 2010
British businesses believe the country could be headed for a double dip recession, according to a survey from accountants and business advisors BDO LLP.
According to a new survey, a double dip is seen as an inevitable by UK businesses. now expect BDO's optimism index — which reflects how businesses expect trading to develop two quarters ahead — tumbled to 93.1 in August from 95.5 in July, reaching levels not seen since the deepest parts of the recession between November 2008 and July 2009.
A foregone conclusion?
- The clearest effects of Funding for Lending have been on mortgage lending and savers
- What are the prospects of disinflation and falling prices in the UK?
- Where next for the economy of Ukraine?
- Are the UK Pound Sterling and the Euro safe havens in the currency wars?
- From 'burdened by bills' to 'socialites'. Report finds huge variety of spending habits among older households
- We are not living as long as we thought warns thinktank. Government's retirement age rise plans may be based on the wrong assumptions
- Bail on your bank shares! Buy insurance, real estate instead
- The best funds for this year's Isa with Chelsea Financial Services MD Darius McDermott
- UK monetary trends still upbeat
- Isa ideas - Absolute Targeted Return funds - good for uncertain markets?