Could we talk ourselves into a double dip recession?
- 15 September 2010
British businesses believe the country could be headed for a double dip recession, according to a survey from accountants and business advisors BDO LLP.
According to a new survey, a double dip is seen as an inevitable by UK businesses. now expect BDO's optimism index — which reflects how businesses expect trading to develop two quarters ahead — tumbled to 93.1 in August from 95.5 in July, reaching levels not seen since the deepest parts of the recession between November 2008 and July 2009.
A foregone conclusion?
- Green energy provider Ecotricity cuts gas bills 7%
- Three investment strategies to help investors navigate volatile markets
- Dividend delights: 3 shares set to deliver sustainable income
- Broker view: Six funds for your Isa
- “Currency markets display extremes of risk aversion”
- Profit boost for ARM Holdings despite smartphone slowdown
- Why you should stop panicking about markets and get greedy
- Rent rises in commuter towns like Swindon and Luton outpace London
- Understanding climate change as a global investment risk
- Why the bears are afraid of a black swan