Could we talk ourselves into a double dip recession?
- 15 September 2010
British businesses believe the country could be headed for a double dip recession, according to a survey from accountants and business advisors BDO LLP.
According to a new survey, a double dip is seen as an inevitable by UK businesses. now expect BDO's optimism index — which reflects how businesses expect trading to develop two quarters ahead — tumbled to 93.1 in August from 95.5 in July, reaching levels not seen since the deepest parts of the recession between November 2008 and July 2009.
A foregone conclusion?
Mindful money Mortgage Tool Box
Looking To Re-mortgage
How Much Could You Borrow
How Much Is Your Home Worth
Find a Mortgage Advisor
- At last the real scandal emerges - the lid is lifted on the disgrace of old style overcharging pension contracts
- Experts tip the stocks to watch in 2015
- Inflation falls to 12-year low of 1% as petrol and food prices drop
- Russia raises interest rates to 17%, but rouble continues to plummet
- Co-op fails Bank of England stress test
- What does 2015 hold for the world's developed markets?
- Britain is swiftly becoming of a nation of ‘pre-tirees' claims new report
- BT in exclusive talks to buy EE for £12.5bn
- UK starting salaries among the lowest of major European economies
- Pension savers with the smallest pots are paying too much in fees, report finds