Could we talk ourselves into a double dip recession?
- 15 September 2010
British businesses believe the country could be headed for a double dip recession, according to a survey from accountants and business advisors BDO LLP.
According to a new survey, a double dip is seen as an inevitable by UK businesses. now expect BDO's optimism index — which reflects how businesses expect trading to develop two quarters ahead — tumbled to 93.1 in August from 95.5 in July, reaching levels not seen since the deepest parts of the recession between November 2008 and July 2009.
A foregone conclusion?
- Brits spending two-thirds of their monthly income on essential bills
- September 2nd is the best day of the year to sell your house
- Shoppers warned on "scandal" of poor value store cards
- Pension savers warned of risks of transferring funds into cash
- Limit for contactless payments rises to £30
- State pension age set to hit at least 70 by 2050
- Strong Sterling saves UK football clubs £85m during transfer window
- Buying a new car could be cheaper than buying second hand
- Retirees ditch plans to downsize due to a lack of suitable homes and fear of isolation
- Ashtead is a 'buy' for Share Centre on strong results