Could we talk ourselves into a double dip recession?
- 15 September 2010
British businesses believe the country could be headed for a double dip recession, according to a survey from accountants and business advisors BDO LLP.
According to a new survey, a double dip is seen as an inevitable by UK businesses. now expect BDO's optimism index — which reflects how businesses expect trading to develop two quarters ahead — tumbled to 93.1 in August from 95.5 in July, reaching levels not seen since the deepest parts of the recession between November 2008 and July 2009.
A foregone conclusion?
- The UK economy combines both house price inflation and goods price disinflationary pressure
- With the strong UK employment market is it time for Forward Guidance mark three?
- Why is Janet Yellen talking the US Dollar down?
- Are the oil majors having to come to terms with the dawning of solar power and what should investors do?
- Challenger banks Shawbrook and Close Brothers launch market leading fixed-rate bonds
- Are you an Expat with investment property in the UK? - You could be liable for UK Capital Gains Tax
- Where to find an inflation beating savings account
- Budget pension revolution: Just 5% of pension investors planning to blow all the money and rely on state pension
- Cost of living eases as inflation drops to 1.6% in March - its lowest level since October 2009
- Brokers backing Rio Tinto as the mining giant publishes latest production figures