Could we talk ourselves into a double dip recession?
- 15 September 2010
British businesses believe the country could be headed for a double dip recession, according to a survey from accountants and business advisors BDO LLP.
According to a new survey, a double dip is seen as an inevitable by UK businesses. now expect BDO's optimism index — which reflects how businesses expect trading to develop two quarters ahead — tumbled to 93.1 in August from 95.5 in July, reaching levels not seen since the deepest parts of the recession between November 2008 and July 2009.
A foregone conclusion?
- Car insurance premiums start to rise as fake whiplash claims continue to plague insurers
- Lenders cut mortgage rates to record lows
- Pensioners could be hit with 45% tax charge shock when new freedoms kick-in
- Disappointment as Government's Pensioner Bonds will not pay monthly income
- Tesco chairman steps down as group confirms it actually overestimated its half year profits by £263m
- Lloyds expected to axe 9,000 jobs over the coming three years as part of strategic review
- GSK is a "buy", but pharmaceuticals still under pressure says Share Centre
- Is the bull market in shares now under threat?
- As Junior ISAs mark their third birthday, Child Trust Fund savers need to weigh-up their options
- Equity market volatility: A simple correction or the beginnings of a bear market?