Economic Impact – 193
- 1 January 1999
The Mindful Money team look at the bigger picture, keeping a close eye on how the economic impact is felt thoughout the investment world
- HSBC could leave UK, but resurrect Midland Bank before it goes
- The number of people switching bank account rises 7% with Halifax and Santander the main beneficiaries
- Young people expect to retire with £95k in pension, but haven't started saving
- Forget freedom, retirees could be 'nudged' into turning pension into income
- Is value still to be found in Europe?
- Strict mortgage checks encouraging borrowers to 'play' the system
- Homeowners believe next 12 months is best time to sell
- Brits put finances at risk by being a nation of ostriches
- Government sells £586m of Lloyds shares
- As Britain marks St George’s Day - where are the best investment opportunities in the UK right now?