Policymakers risk Eurozone
- 8 December 2010
This is in spite of urging from the IMF , who believes a move is necessary to stem further crises.
The finance ministers also ruled out the creation of a Europe-wide bond. Opposition was apparently led by German Chancellor Angela Merkel. This WSJ story demonstrates how Germany fended off bids for a more expansive approach to creating stability in the Eurozone.
- The clearest effects of Funding for Lending have been on mortgage lending and savers
- What are the prospects of disinflation and falling prices in the UK?
- Where next for the economy of Ukraine?
- Are the UK Pound Sterling and the Euro safe havens in the currency wars?
- From 'burdened by bills' to 'socialites'. Report finds huge variety of spending habits among older households
- We are not living as long as we thought warns thinktank. Government's retirement age rise plans may be based on the wrong assumptions
- Bail on your bank shares! Buy insurance, real estate instead
- The best funds for this year's Isa with Chelsea Financial Services MD Darius McDermott
- The curious case of the Neil Woodford best sellers
- UK monetary trends still upbeat