Policymakers risk Eurozone
- 8 December 2010
This is in spite of urging from the IMF , who believes a move is necessary to stem further crises.
The finance ministers also ruled out the creation of a Europe-wide bond. Opposition was apparently led by German Chancellor Angela Merkel. This WSJ story demonstrates how Germany fended off bids for a more expansive approach to creating stability in the Eurozone.
- HSBC could leave UK, but resurrect Midland Bank before it goes
- The number of people switching bank account rises 7% with Halifax and Santander the main beneficiaries
- Young people expect to retire with £95k in pension, but haven't started saving
- Forget freedom, retirees could be 'nudged' into turning pension into income
- Is value still to be found in Europe?
- Strict mortgage checks encouraging borrowers to 'play' the system
- Homeowners believe next 12 months is best time to sell
- Brits put finances at risk by being a nation of ostriches
- Government sells £586m of Lloyds shares
- As Britain marks St George’s Day - where are the best investment opportunities in the UK right now?