Policymakers risk Eurozone
- 8 December 2010
This is in spite of urging from the IMF , who believes a move is necessary to stem further crises.
The finance ministers also ruled out the creation of a Europe-wide bond. Opposition was apparently led by German Chancellor Angela Merkel. This WSJ story demonstrates how Germany fended off bids for a more expansive approach to creating stability in the Eurozone.
- Tui Travel tipped as a "Buy" despite global unrest hitting bookings
- Bad news for half-term holidaymakers as pound falls to one-year low against the euro
- Savers urged to act fast to make the most of higher rate pension tax relief while it still lasts
- Pension drawdown risks in the spotlight after another painful day on the markets
- Three investment strategies to help investors navigate volatile markets
- Green energy provider Ecotricity cuts gas bills 7%
- Pension funds fall 2.5% after a turbulent January
- Commodities cast a long shadow over earnings season
- Broker view: Six funds for your Isa
- Profit boost for ARM Holdings despite smartphone slowdown