Policymakers risk Eurozone
- 8 December 2010
This is in spite of urging from the IMF , who believes a move is necessary to stem further crises.
The finance ministers also ruled out the creation of a Europe-wide bond. Opposition was apparently led by German Chancellor Angela Merkel. This WSJ story demonstrates how Germany fended off bids for a more expansive approach to creating stability in the Eurozone.
- We can expect plenty of good news in the UK Autumn Statement
- The economy of France has decoupled from that of Germany
- What are the consequences of inflation and indeed disinflation?
- Riding the property rollercoaster
- State pension age to rise dramatically for the under 50s. The young can expect to work till they're 70
- Fine wine - worth an investment this Christmas?
- UK Autumn Statement: OBR douses Osborne's optimism
- Equities at risk from deteriorating liquidity backdrop
- How did last year's market forecasters do? Mindful Money takes a look
- House prices rise 7.7% in twelve months says Halifax