QE2 is a ‘big experiment’
- 5 November 2010
Pattullo says all the data suggests the move will cause the dollar to decline and the focus on reflation or inflation will fall on emerging markets, which will ultimaely cause problems for them and the rest of the world.
- The UK economy breaks new ground or rather the service sector does
- Millions of flood-risk properties to be left without home insurance
- Pensions: annuities can still offer good value, you just need to shop around
- Leeds is offering 4% on cash but you'll have to lock in for a decade
- Economy jumps past pre-crisis peak but we're not out of the woods yet
- Financial watchdog warns investors about interest rate risk to corporate bonds
- NS&I doubles the chance of becoming a premium bond millionaire
- 500,000 could miss out on compensation over mis-sold card and ID insurance
- The time may have finally come for electric cars and solar power
- Will the UK become a high tax economy?