QE2 is a ‘big experiment’
- 5 November 2010
Pattullo says all the data suggests the move will cause the dollar to decline and the focus on reflation or inflation will fall on emerging markets, which will ultimaely cause problems for them and the rest of the world.
- The economy of France has decoupled from that of Germany
- What are the consequences of inflation and indeed disinflation?
- State pension age to rise dramatically for the under 50s. The young can expect to work till they're 70
- UK Autumn Statement: OBR douses Osborne's optimism
- Near state retirement age? Topping up NI contributions may buy £190 extra state pension a year for life
- House prices rise 7.7% in twelve months says Halifax
- The rising retirement age makes one thing very clear. The Money Advice Service needs fixed not abolished.
- Will CGT on foreign owned property cause flood of prime London homes? That depends on how the tax is calculated say experts
- Can our pensions, savings and advice infrastructure help ordinary people cope with an accelerating retirement age?
- Can an independent Scotland afford its ageing population? NIESR says it is not a major consideration