QE2 is a ‘big experiment’
- 5 November 2010
Pattullo says all the data suggests the move will cause the dollar to decline and the focus on reflation or inflation will fall on emerging markets, which will ultimaely cause problems for them and the rest of the world.
- If UK house prices are peaking then what happens next?
- UK monetary policy is expansionary for banks and housing but what about exporters?
- Eurozone money numbers better, early QE unlikely
- Possible flight disruption from Icelandic eruption - travellers warned to check their insurance policies for exclusions
- Savers put record amount in stocks and shares ISAs
- Tesco in trouble after profit warning and divi cut but analysts hold on
- Open, not shut, case - Extra information can be a bad thing if you do not keep an open mind
- 2.5m PPI cases to be reviewed over unfair rejections and pitiful payouts
- Adviser banned after investors lose £30m in unregulated property funds
- TSB offers borrowers council tax cashback but how do its mortgage rates stack up?