Spending Review: details and reactions
- 20 October 2010
The key announcements from the BBC News site, including a department-by-department breakdown of the annual budget for each, the outcome of the Chancellor's announcement and what is being cut as a result.
The full ‘Easy-to-browse' Spending Review document is available here, from The Treasury website.
The expert analysis
- The Co-op shows the rotten core at the heart of UK banking
- How economic problems in China have put the skids under copper, iron ore and the yuan
- Does Ukraine threaten the bull market?
- Halifax two and three year fixed rate ISAs jump to the top of the best buy tables
- ISA ideas: Five investment themes to play in 2014
- Five things to think about if you want to let to buy
- Affordability up but house price rises are swiftly eroding spending power
- Mindful Money’s Monday share tips: Prudential, Morrison, Antofagasta and Homebase
- Sterling corporate bond funds for this year's Isa? Advisers prefer strategic funds but offer some suggestions
- Sports Direct International a 'buy' following strong profit growth