Spending Review: details and reactions
- 20 October 2010
The key announcements from the BBC News site, including a department-by-department breakdown of the annual budget for each, the outcome of the Chancellor's announcement and what is being cut as a result.
The full ‘Easy-to-browse' Spending Review document is available here, from The Treasury website.
The expert analysis
- Why you should invest in emerging markets now
- Will you still need to carry cash in five years' time?
- Aberdeen targets diversification with new fund launch
- Market turmoil: what the savvy investors are buying
- How much will it cost to send your children back to school?
- Thousands of HSBC customers left without cash for bank holiday after payment system failure
- Bank holiday warning from motor insurance company
- Market woes sees consumers confidence dip
- Forget summer, you need to start thinking about Christmas
- No universal agreement on just how weak China is