Spending Review: details and reactions
- 20 October 2010
The key announcements from the BBC News site, including a department-by-department breakdown of the annual budget for each, the outcome of the Chancellor's announcement and what is being cut as a result.
The full ‘Easy-to-browse' Spending Review document is available here, from The Treasury website.
The expert analysis
- Under 25s relying heavily on credit to cover housing costs
- Buy, sell or hold? Mindful Money's weekly shares watch: Barclays, ITV & Diageo
- Metal madness - why I'm a gold sceptic
- China's intervention in markets was trying to prevent a bubble unlike market interventions in the West
- Government names the banks and building societies who will offer Help to Buy ISAs
- Investors urged to “China-proof” their investment portfolios as shares crash
- EM equities: get ready to buy?
- "Chinese contradictions and Western hypocrisy"
- Pensions freedom fraud increase has the "makings of a national scandal"
- Paragon Bank sweeps the best buy rates