Spending Review: details and reactions
- 20 October 2010
The key announcements from the BBC News site, including a department-by-department breakdown of the annual budget for each, the outcome of the Chancellor's announcement and what is being cut as a result.
The full ‘Easy-to-browse' Spending Review document is available here, from The Treasury website.
The expert analysis
- £10,000 less of savers' money protected after FSCS rule change
- Pension tax relief: latest sign that it will be cut in next week's Budget
- The folly of misfuelling – never assume your car insurance will pay out
- Five European share tips to beat the Greek gloom
- Greek debt crisis: No more talks with eurozone ministers until after Sunday’s vote
- 'Bigger and bigger' mortgages putting UK households at risk, says Bank
- The battle of the challenger banks is heating up - which is offering the best savings rates now?
- Will the Bank of England be forced to raise interest rates this year?
- Hype surrounding the property market rebound cools down
- The very best of British funds: The Grand Prix for investors