Spending Review: details and reactions
- 20 October 2010
The key announcements from the BBC News site, including a department-by-department breakdown of the annual budget for each, the outcome of the Chancellor's announcement and what is being cut as a result.
The full ‘Easy-to-browse' Spending Review document is available here, from The Treasury website.
The expert analysis
- UK slips into deflation for the first time since the sixties
- Ombudsman reveals 278% rise in fee-charging bank account complaints as it marks its 15th anniversary
- Have your say: which artist should feature on the next £20 note?
- The Wellesley Mini-Bond offers up to 7% gross interest per annum
- House prices rise by nearly 10% across UK and almost 15% in Scotland
- Share Centre says Vodafone is a 'buy' despite profit fall
- Barclays hit with record-breaking £1.53bn fine as banks' total forex rigging bill reaches £4bn
- Are bond bubble fears justified? Two experts share contrasting views
- CBI calls on business to speak up for importance of staying in EU
- Building societies look to solve lending into retirement woes and call for action to tackle housing crisis