Spending Review: details and reactions
- 20 October 2010
The key announcements from the BBC News site, including a department-by-department breakdown of the annual budget for each, the outcome of the Chancellor's announcement and what is being cut as a result.
The full ‘Easy-to-browse' Spending Review document is available here, from The Treasury website.
The expert analysis
- What is happening to and in the economy of Ukraine?
- Should the UK lower its inflation target to help real wage growth?
- What are the prospects for a Base Rate rise in the UK?
- European real estate could return 7% a year but deflation remains a threat
- Why are the rail companies allowed to use a redundant (and higher) inflation index to set fares?
- Insurance costs drop 7% but consumers need to move quickly to get the best prices
- Japanese QE still isn't working
- Is it time for investors to once again look at UK banking stocks?
- Mindful Money's weekly share watch: Persimmon, BHP Billiton, Home Depot & AGA Rangemaster
- Risky AIM shares prove to be a young investor's game