Spending Review: details and reactions
- 20 October 2010
The key announcements from the BBC News site, including a department-by-department breakdown of the annual budget for each, the outcome of the Chancellor's announcement and what is being cut as a result.
The full ‘Easy-to-browse' Spending Review document is available here, from The Treasury website.
The expert analysis
- Bond markets are pricing much weaker growth
- Mindful Money's weekly shares watch: Tesco, GlaxoSmithKline & Unilever
- Responsible investment doesn't have to mean sacrificing returns
- Is India presently enjoying a “Goldilocks moment”
- Weak corporate earnings and the strength of sterling drags UK dividend growth to a standstill
- Are bank stocks the new utilities?
- High and dry – There is a reason some fixed income investments are known as ‘junk’ bonds
- Mortgage lending up 10% on an annual basis in September but market is "sitting on a plateau"
- Taxman sees 70% rise in fraudulent 'phishing' emails
- Employees finally get a pay rise... of 8p