Spending Review: details and reactions
- 20 October 2010
The key announcements from the BBC News site, including a department-by-department breakdown of the annual budget for each, the outcome of the Chancellor's announcement and what is being cut as a result.
The full ‘Easy-to-browse' Spending Review document is available here, from The Treasury website.
The expert analysis
- The UK economy combines both house price inflation and goods price disinflationary pressure
- With the strong UK employment market is it time for Forward Guidance mark three?
- Why is Janet Yellen talking the US Dollar down?
- Are the oil majors having to come to terms with the dawning of solar power and what should investors do?
- The Bank of England finds that its own Quantitative Easing worked superbly!
- Challenger banks Shawbrook and Close Brothers launch market leading fixed-rate bonds
- Are you an Expat with investment property in the UK? - You could be liable for UK Capital Gains Tax
- Where to find an inflation beating savings account
- Budget pension revolution: Just 5% of pension investors planning to blow all the money and rely on state pension
- Cost of living eases as inflation drops to 1.6% in March - its lowest level since October 2009