Spending Review: details and reactions
- 20 October 2010
The key announcements from the BBC News site, including a department-by-department breakdown of the annual budget for each, the outcome of the Chancellor's announcement and what is being cut as a result.
The full ‘Easy-to-browse' Spending Review document is available here, from The Treasury website.
The expert analysis
- The story of Banco Espirito Santo is a sad but by now very familiar one
- The UK current account deficit does not matter much according to the Bank of England
- Are German bond yields a canary in a coalmine?
- Guest blog - planning your retirement like packing for your holiday
- Three payday loan advertisements banned by Advertising Standards Authority
- When will the internal devaluation model help the Greek economy recover?
- High Street banks out of favour with income share and fund investors, but is it time to reassess?
- Free direct investment guide aims to get to the heart of what matters for investors
- Best sellers in the first month of the NISA
- Saudi Arabia - undervalued and underowned until now?