Spending Review: details and reactions
- 20 October 2010
The key announcements from the BBC News site, including a department-by-department breakdown of the annual budget for each, the outcome of the Chancellor's announcement and what is being cut as a result.
The full ‘Easy-to-browse' Spending Review document is available here, from The Treasury website.
The expert analysis
- Chancellor unveils stamp duty hike for landlords and boost for home buyers
- Chancellor scraps plans to cut tax credits in major u-turn
- No help from Chancellor for women retiring next year on low state pension
- Double blow for the self-employed in the Chancellor's Autumn statement
- 'Oldpreneurs' using pensions to fund business ventures
- Global market outlook: “Battling the headwinds”
- Boost to public finances helps Osborne pay for tax credit climbdown
- Poverty among Britain's younger generations surges claims new report
- Millions crank up the heating to above the summer temperature of Barcelona
- Essex citizens enjoy the biggest pension pots in the UK