Spending Review: details and reactions
- 20 October 2010
The key announcements from the BBC News site, including a department-by-department breakdown of the annual budget for each, the outcome of the Chancellor's announcement and what is being cut as a result.
The full ‘Easy-to-browse' Spending Review document is available here, from The Treasury website.
The expert analysis
- Dividend hero investment company managers share their secrets
- Gay couple lose court fight for equal pension rights
- New car sales reach an all-time high
- Tesco profits tumble 55%
- House prices rise by 8.6% in September as supply remains weak
- Alternative ways to get exposure to Lloyds and other banks
- Markets look to central banks for more help as stocks struggle, says BlackRock's Koesterich
- Cameron promises to turn Generation Rent into Generation Buy with new affordable homes
- Families urged to review their wills or risk missing out on new allowance
- Is the UK economy actually starting to overheat? The indicators say yes...