Spending Review: details and reactions
- 20 October 2010
The key announcements from the BBC News site, including a department-by-department breakdown of the annual budget for each, the outcome of the Chancellor's announcement and what is being cut as a result.
The full ‘Easy-to-browse' Spending Review document is available here, from The Treasury website.
The expert analysis
- What will happen next to the UK economy?
- How do we defuse the UK student debt time bomb?
- Oh those ghoulish gold bugs
- Tesco shares rise as retailer paves the way for new CEO
- Millions of retirees to be offered free and impartial advice under new pension rules
- Pension reforms: The six points savers need to know
- Death of the 55% tax charge?
- UK dividend growth grinds to a near halt as the strength of the pound hits payouts
- Raging against the machines
- "Should I stay or should I go?" What to consider if your investment fund is under-performing