UK house prices: Crash or boom?
- 4 April 2012
This morning has exhibited already one of the themes of this blog and it is the unreliability of many statistics which are used as a basis for judging the economy. Sometimes the unreliability comes in the form of having different measures of the same thing which tell a different story. Only on Monday I discussed measures of both China's manufacturing sector and UK house prices which were telling quite different stories. Well this morning has gone one step better (or perhaps I should say worse…) for the UK housing market. Step forward the Halifax building society!
What did the Halifax report?
Mindful money Mortgage Tool Box
Looking To Re-mortgage
How Much Could You Borrow
How Much Is Your Home Worth
Find a Mortgage Advisor
- Is Stamp Duty reform on the cards? Hargreaves Lansdown's predictions for Autumn Statement
- Millions overcharged by faulty pre-pay gas meters
- Schroders to launch fund for retirees using new pension freedoms
- UK commercial property provides the top 12-month returns for investors
- Axa Wealth to remove regular charges on platform in response to pension changes
- The falling oil price - good news for consumers, businesses and the economy
- Autumn Statement wishlist: stamp duty reform and Junior ISA boost
- Surprise dip in business investment but consumer spending remains strong
- Wife of hedge fund manager awarded £337m in landmark divorce case
- Pension tax relief may prove to be a tricky detail arising from more powers for Scotland