UK house prices: Crash or boom?
- 4 April 2012
This morning has exhibited already one of the themes of this blog and it is the unreliability of many statistics which are used as a basis for judging the economy. Sometimes the unreliability comes in the form of having different measures of the same thing which tell a different story. Only on Monday I discussed measures of both China's manufacturing sector and UK house prices which were telling quite different stories. Well this morning has gone one step better (or perhaps I should say worse…) for the UK housing market. Step forward the Halifax building society!
What did the Halifax report?
Mindful money Mortgage Tool Box
Looking To Re-mortgage
How Much Could You Borrow
How Much Is Your Home Worth
Find a Mortgage Advisor
- The top 10 investment pitfalls to avoid in 2015’s ISA season
- Mindful Money's weekly shares watch: BT Group, Royal Dutch Shell & Diageo
- Greek elections: What to expect now - expert reactions...
- City watchdog introduces new protection for consumers ahead of pension freedoms
- Energy supplier SSE cutting gas bills by a 'meagre 4.1%'
- Will we see Dollar/Euro parity? And learning the lessons of leverage and liquidity
- UK economy grows at fastest pace since 2007
- Dividend payouts from UK plc worse than expected during 2014
- UK economy bolstered by record spending from overseas tourists in 2014
- ECB reaction: QE expansion may prove poorly timed