UK house prices: Crash or boom?
- 4 April 2012
This morning has exhibited already one of the themes of this blog and it is the unreliability of many statistics which are used as a basis for judging the economy. Sometimes the unreliability comes in the form of having different measures of the same thing which tell a different story. Only on Monday I discussed measures of both China's manufacturing sector and UK house prices which were telling quite different stories. Well this morning has gone one step better (or perhaps I should say worse…) for the UK housing market. Step forward the Halifax building society!
What did the Halifax report?
Mindful money Mortgage Tool Box
Looking To Re-mortgage
How Much Could You Borrow
How Much Is Your Home Worth
Find a Mortgage Advisor
- Woodford Investment Management's Neil Woodford: "British science is in great shape"
- Britons saving at an ever increasing rate as the population becomes more concerned over its future wealth
- Oil price drop - emerging markets winners and losers
- Eurozone inflation figures suggest the region's economic backdrop is improving
- What have been the best performing investment funds since December 1999?
- Barclays profits drop 21% as chief takes his first bonus
- More than half of over-50s consider moving abroad
- HSBC Advantage offers fantastic ISA offer to existing account holders/ Charter Savings Bank enters market
- House price rises drop to 17-month low as activity remains constrained
- Dividend heroes: which investment company has increased payouts for 48 years in a row?