UK house prices: Crash or boom?
- 4 April 2012
This morning has exhibited already one of the themes of this blog and it is the unreliability of many statistics which are used as a basis for judging the economy. Sometimes the unreliability comes in the form of having different measures of the same thing which tell a different story. Only on Monday I discussed measures of both China's manufacturing sector and UK house prices which were telling quite different stories. Well this morning has gone one step better (or perhaps I should say worse…) for the UK housing market. Step forward the Halifax building society!
What did the Halifax report?
Mindful money Mortgage Tool Box
Looking To Re-mortgage
How Much Could You Borrow
How Much Is Your Home Worth
Find a Mortgage Advisor
- British homeowners collectively estimated to have £433bn in savings despite the paltry rates on offer
- Barclays and Lloyds top the City watchdog's complaints list of shame for the second half of 2014
- Mortgages approvals climb for the third successive month to reach a six-month high in February claims Bank of England
- Don’t ignore the benefits of financial planning - at the start of the tax year...
- Share tips: Five European growth “gems” you may have missed
- Mindful Money's weekly shares watch: Kingfisher, Marks & Spencer & Booker
- Revealed: The top five credit cards to use while abroad
- Just over 10% of retirees expect to cash-in on the pension revolution
- Child Trust Fund transfers to Junior ISAs go live next week but where should you invest?
- The Far East is the stand-out region within Emerging Markets claims Fidelity - where to invest...