UK house prices: Crash or boom?
- 4 April 2012
This morning has exhibited already one of the themes of this blog and it is the unreliability of many statistics which are used as a basis for judging the economy. Sometimes the unreliability comes in the form of having different measures of the same thing which tell a different story. Only on Monday I discussed measures of both China's manufacturing sector and UK house prices which were telling quite different stories. Well this morning has gone one step better (or perhaps I should say worse…) for the UK housing market. Step forward the Halifax building society!
What did the Halifax report?
- The UK economy combines both house price inflation and goods price disinflationary pressure
- Is this finally the Grecovery we keep being promised?
- With the strong UK employment market is it time for Forward Guidance mark three?
- Looking for a mortgage after 25 April? Get prepared for your spending habits to be stress tested by your lender
- Reviewing your protection insurance? Why whole of life insurance could be better than term assurance
- Preparing financially for having a baby
- Mindful Money's Monday share tips: SABMiller, Tesco, Burberry, Reckitt Benckiser
- Challenger banks Shawbrook and Close Brothers launch market leading fixed-rate bonds
- Parking fines by councils reach nearly £255 million in 2013. With tables of the top finers by local authority
- Are you an Expat with investment property in the UK? - You could be liable for UK Capital Gains Tax