UK house prices: Crash or boom?
- 4 April 2012
This morning has exhibited already one of the themes of this blog and it is the unreliability of many statistics which are used as a basis for judging the economy. Sometimes the unreliability comes in the form of having different measures of the same thing which tell a different story. Only on Monday I discussed measures of both China's manufacturing sector and UK house prices which were telling quite different stories. Well this morning has gone one step better (or perhaps I should say worse…) for the UK housing market. Step forward the Halifax building society!
What did the Halifax report?
Mindful money Mortgage Tool Box
Looking To Re-mortgage
How Much Could You Borrow
How Much Is Your Home Worth
Find a Mortgage Advisor
- Experts tip the stocks to watch in 2015
- At last the real scandal emerges - the lid is lifted on the disgrace of old style overcharging pension contracts
- What does 2015 hold for the world's developed markets?
- MPs warn pension freedoms risk being next mis-selling scandal
- Britain is swiftly becoming of a nation of ‘pre-tirees' claims new report
- UK starting salaries among the lowest of major European economies
- The quest for the gold standard for European entrepreneurs - Mindful Money Q&A with Ariadne Capital's chief executive Julie Meyer
- Pension savers with the smallest pots are paying too much in fees, report finds
- Iceland repays UK another £1.36bn to cover Icesave bail out
- Pensioners to spend £4.2bn on Christmas celebrations