Barclays’ rate-rigging scandal exposes the rot in UK banking system
- 3 July 2012
- UK monetary policy is expansionary for banks and housing but what about exporters?
- Possible flight disruption from Icelandic eruption - travellers warned to check their insurance policies for exclusions
- Douglas Carswell defects to UKIP
- Woodford sells out of HSBC due to "fine risk"
- The current difficulties and dangers faced by investors seeking income
- Scottish independence - all others risks pale besides the currency risk
- Half of homeowners would struggle with 1% rate rise
- Consumers miss out on huge savings by sticking with same providers
- Surgeons are the most accident-prone drivers
- Jackson Hole - and the expectation of Eurozone QE - has been the real driver of markets