- 27 April 2012
According to Michael Schuman, the decision last week by the shareholders of Citigroup to reject a $15 million pay package for CEO Vikram Pandit is a victory for capitalism, and a signal that, hopefully, more capitalism is on the way. The Curious Capitalist
From Banco Santander CEO Alfredo Saenz: "Mortgages get paid in good times and in bad," he said in a news conference at the bank's headquarters outside Madrid. "Anyone raising this problem as one of the issues for the Spanish financial system is saying something stupid." FT Alphaville
If earnings reports make you dizzy, don't worry, because Derek Thompson sums up Apple's $39 billion second-quarter performance into four graphs that break down revenue and revenue growth by product, and by country. The Atlantic
The list includes: The one-year rule, the no-friends rule, the 2% rule and the Good health rule. The Altucher Confidential
Morgan Sandquist, a member of the Occupy Wall Street Alternative Banking Group is puzzled why – despite the fact that the largest banks in America-Citibank, Bank of America, Wells Fargo, and others are probably insolvent – no-one seems to care. Naked Capitalism
Get the best of the financial news via the Finance Blogs
Got any other suggestions for what we should be reading? Tell us below
To receive our free email newsletter sign up here.
Mindful money Mortgage Tool Box
Looking To Re-mortgage
How Much Could You Borrow
How Much Is Your Home Worth
Find a Mortgage Advisor
- British homeowners collectively estimated to have £433bn in savings despite the paltry rates on offer
- Barclays and Lloyds top the City watchdog's complaints list of shame for the second half of 2014
- Mortgages approvals climb for the third successive month to reach a six-month high in February claims Bank of England
- Don’t ignore the benefits of financial planning - at the start of the tax year...
- Share tips: Five European growth “gems” you may have missed
- Mindful Money's weekly shares watch: Kingfisher, Marks & Spencer & Booker
- Revealed: The top five credit cards to use while abroad
- Just over 10% of retirees expect to cash-in on the pension revolution
- Child Trust Fund transfers to Junior ISAs go live next week but where should you invest?
- The Far East is the stand-out region within Emerging Markets claims Fidelity - where to invest...