- 27 April 2012
According to Michael Schuman, the decision last week by the shareholders of Citigroup to reject a $15 million pay package for CEO Vikram Pandit is a victory for capitalism, and a signal that, hopefully, more capitalism is on the way. The Curious Capitalist
From Banco Santander CEO Alfredo Saenz: "Mortgages get paid in good times and in bad," he said in a news conference at the bank's headquarters outside Madrid. "Anyone raising this problem as one of the issues for the Spanish financial system is saying something stupid." FT Alphaville
If earnings reports make you dizzy, don't worry, because Derek Thompson sums up Apple's $39 billion second-quarter performance into four graphs that break down revenue and revenue growth by product, and by country. The Atlantic
The list includes: The one-year rule, the no-friends rule, the 2% rule and the Good health rule. The Altucher Confidential
Morgan Sandquist, a member of the Occupy Wall Street Alternative Banking Group is puzzled why – despite the fact that the largest banks in America-Citibank, Bank of America, Wells Fargo, and others are probably insolvent – no-one seems to care. Naked Capitalism
Get the best of the financial news via the Finance Blogs
Got any other suggestions for what we should be reading? Tell us below
To receive our free email newsletter sign up here.
- The story of Banco Espirito Santo is a sad but by now very familiar one
- The UK current account deficit does not matter much according to the Bank of England
- Are German bond yields a canary in a coalmine?
- Guest blog - planning your retirement like packing for your holiday
- When will the internal devaluation model help the Greek economy recover?
- Three payday loan advertisements banned by Advertising Standards Authority
- Best sellers in the first month of the NISA
- High Street banks out of favour with income share and fund investors, but is it time to reassess?
- Free direct investment guide aims to get to the heart of what matters for investors
- Saudi Arabia - undervalued and underowned until now?