- 27 April 2012
According to Michael Schuman, the decision last week by the shareholders of Citigroup to reject a $15 million pay package for CEO Vikram Pandit is a victory for capitalism, and a signal that, hopefully, more capitalism is on the way. The Curious Capitalist
From Banco Santander CEO Alfredo Saenz: "Mortgages get paid in good times and in bad," he said in a news conference at the bank's headquarters outside Madrid. "Anyone raising this problem as one of the issues for the Spanish financial system is saying something stupid." FT Alphaville
If earnings reports make you dizzy, don't worry, because Derek Thompson sums up Apple's $39 billion second-quarter performance into four graphs that break down revenue and revenue growth by product, and by country. The Atlantic
The list includes: The one-year rule, the no-friends rule, the 2% rule and the Good health rule. The Altucher Confidential
Morgan Sandquist, a member of the Occupy Wall Street Alternative Banking Group is puzzled why – despite the fact that the largest banks in America-Citibank, Bank of America, Wells Fargo, and others are probably insolvent – no-one seems to care. Naked Capitalism
Get the best of the financial news via the Finance Blogs
Got any other suggestions for what we should be reading? Tell us below
To receive our free email newsletter sign up here.
- Pensioners could be hit with 45% tax charge shock when new freedoms kick-in
- Tesco chairman steps down as group confirms it actually overestimated its half year profits by £263m
- Lloyds expected to axe 9,000 jobs over the coming three years as part of strategic review
- Is the bull market in shares now under threat?
- As Junior ISAs mark their third birthday, Child Trust Fund savers need to weigh-up their options
- Equity market volatility: A simple correction or the beginnings of a bear market?
- Annuities: accept no substitutes?
- With the evenings getting darker ensure your home is safe and sound from burglars this winter
- Married couples and civil partnerships will benefit from new intestacy rules but cohabitees lose out
- 5 million join 'stretched middle', supporting older or younger family members