Italy seeks EU political support but what is behind the country’s woes?
- 3 August 2011
Reuters reports that Italy sought European political support today as its stocks and bonds came under heightened attack in a selloff triggered by the euro zone's debt woes and fears of a global economic slowdown.
- Tui Travel tipped as a "Buy" despite global unrest hitting bookings
- Bad news for half-term holidaymakers as pound falls to one-year low against the euro
- Green energy provider Ecotricity cuts gas bills 7%
- Pension drawdown risks in the spotlight after another painful day on the markets
- Savers urged to act fast to make the most of higher rate pension tax relief while it still lasts
- Three investment strategies to help investors navigate volatile markets
- Pension funds fall 2.5% after a turbulent January
- Commodities cast a long shadow over earnings season
- Dividend delights: 3 shares set to deliver sustainable income
- Broker view: Six funds for your Isa