Italy seeks EU political support but what is behind the country’s woes?
- 3 August 2011
Reuters reports that Italy sought European political support today as its stocks and bonds came under heightened attack in a selloff triggered by the euro zone's debt woes and fears of a global economic slowdown.
- The Battle of the Challenger Banks
- Beware Europe-based financial advisers 'passporting' into the UK but operating to much lower standards on charges and disclosure
- Metal madness - why I'm a gold sceptic
- Paragon Bank sweeps the best buy rates
- Bank results season - what do investors need to look out for?
- Brokers are tipping BT shares as the firm reveals solid first quarter profits
- Tesco scraps hated “unexpected item in the bagging area” phrase from its self-service checkouts
- There are many reasons to avoid investing in China but we only need one
- UK economic growth picks up but exporters wary of strong sterling
- Banks too slow to learn lessons of Libor and Forex scandals says City watchdog