Italy seeks EU political support but what is behind the country’s woes?
- 3 August 2011
Reuters reports that Italy sought European political support today as its stocks and bonds came under heightened attack in a selloff triggered by the euro zone's debt woes and fears of a global economic slowdown.
- What to expect from tomorrow's Autumn Statement
- Chancellor unveils stamp duty hike for landlords and boost for home buyers
- Which economic indicators can you trust?
- Chancellor scraps plans to cut tax credits in major u-turn
- No help from Chancellor for women retiring next year on low state pension
- Double blow for the self-employed in the Chancellor's Autumn statement
- Boost to public finances helps Osborne pay for tax credit climbdown
- 'The Fed needs to come off its painkillers'
- Global market outlook: “Battling the headwinds”
- Poverty among Britain's younger generations surges claims new report