UK GDP: Downturn is worse than feared
- 25 February 2011
It also means that even without the snowy weather, the economy shrank, with the ONS suggesting this contributed 0.5 per cent of the fall.
- UK public-sector austerity has proved to be quite a disappointment on all fronts
- What are the prospects for a Base Rate rise in the UK?
- What will central bankers be discussing at Jackson Hole?
- Small British businesses set to create 1.9m new jobs
- People turning 65 this year can expect to live nearly 20 years
- Does a ten year bund yield of 1% mean deflation?
- Eurozone recovery stumbles further as business growth eases in August
- Taking advantage of the new pension reforms? Careful you don't pay tax you don't need to
- Brokers back UK house-builder Taylor Wimpey
- Law of averages - Investors need to distinguish between 'time' and 'ensemble' averages