Why do the rich feel poor?
- 29 March 2011
A recent survey by Fidelity Investments found that 42% of more than 1,000 millionaires said they did not feel wealthy.
Respondents had at least $1 million in investable assets and that did not include real estate or retirement accounts. In other words, they each had a million dollars that were liquid and available. They were not exactly poor.
- The Battle of the Challenger Banks
- Brokers are tipping BT shares as the firm reveals solid first quarter profits
- Britons spend £37 billion a year on holidays, and it's making us happier
- The Chinese market: “The ultimate battle between capitalist fear and a communist government”
- Forget the oil giants and buy into smaller energy companies, says GAM
- UK economic growth picks up but exporters wary of strong sterling
- Confidence in UK economy falls but personal finances looking strong
- Tesco scraps hated “unexpected item in the bagging area” phrase from its self-service checkouts
- “Volatility and risk remain top of the agenda for fixed income investors”
- Is a September lift-off for US interest rates still likely?