Why do the rich feel poor?
- 29 March 2011
A recent survey by Fidelity Investments found that 42% of more than 1,000 millionaires said they did not feel wealthy.
Respondents had at least $1 million in investable assets and that did not include real estate or retirement accounts. In other words, they each had a million dollars that were liquid and available. They were not exactly poor.
- One in seven retiring this year have no pension savings
- More than 20 million UK consumers claim they will switch banks to access mobile payments
- Can currencies save economies?
- Royal Mail shares are a ‘hold’ given the challenging market backdrop
- Newton loses star fund manager Jason Pidcock to rival Jupiter
- Cash no longer king as Britain goes cashless
- Why there is lots of potential upside to the weaker US dollar right now
- Two million Britons leave bank details in plain sight
- Convertible bonds - the underappreciated asset class?
- Property shortage means families hang on to homes for up to 28 years