Why do the rich feel poor?
- 29 March 2011
A recent survey by Fidelity Investments found that 42% of more than 1,000 millionaires said they did not feel wealthy.
Respondents had at least $1 million in investable assets and that did not include real estate or retirement accounts. In other words, they each had a million dollars that were liquid and available. They were not exactly poor.
- Mindful Money's weekly shares watch: Tesco, GlaxoSmithKline & Unilever
- Responsible investment doesn't have to mean sacrificing returns
- Is India presently enjoying a “Goldilocks moment”
- Are bank stocks the new utilities?
- Brits lose £670m per year to online fraudsters
- Lenders cut mortgage rates to record lows
- Weak corporate earnings and the strength of sterling drags UK dividend growth to a standstill
- High and dry – There is a reason some fixed income investments are known as ‘junk’ bonds
- Taxman sees 70% rise in fraudulent 'phishing' emails
- Pensioners could be hit with 45% tax charge shock when new freedoms kick-in