Why do the rich feel poor?
- 29 March 2011
A recent survey by Fidelity Investments found that 42% of more than 1,000 millionaires said they did not feel wealthy.
Respondents had at least $1 million in investable assets and that did not include real estate or retirement accounts. In other words, they each had a million dollars that were liquid and available. They were not exactly poor.
- September 2nd is the best day of the year to sell your house
- Brits spending two-thirds of their monthly income on essential bills
- Shoppers warned on "scandal" of poor value store cards
- Pension savers warned of risks of transferring funds into cash
- Limit for contactless payments rises to £30
- The best and worst performing funds and sectors during a stormy August
- Strong Sterling saves UK football clubs £85m during transfer window
- State pension age set to hit at least 70 by 2050
- Retirees ditch plans to downsize due to a lack of suitable homes and fear of isolation
- The problems with housing supply - when building more homes isn't enough