25th November 2013
The United Kingdom’s financial planners are to offer free financial check ups this week as part of financial planning week. The trade body, the Institute of Financial Planning is offering the general public the opportunity to consult with a professional in free financial planning surgeries. The IFP says the surgeries will be operated by some of the most prestigious planning firms in the UK, where consumers can meet with IFP members including certified financial planner professionals.
Financial Planning Week is the national campaign organised each year by the Institute of Financial Planning (IFP), in what it says it a bid to raise awareness among consumers of the benefits of planning their finances, to help make the most of their money and achieve life goals.
The website www.financialplanningweek.org.uk provides access to tips, tools and guidance to consumers on how to improve their financial “fitness” by taking simple steps.
However, for those who simply don’t know where or how to start or who face more complex financial decisions, the IFP says these surgeries provide the an opportunity for a face to face meeting with a professional financial planner and tackle questions such as:
· Am I saving enough for the future / retirement / special event etc?
· When can I afford to retire, and if it’s not at age x what do I need to do to change that?
· I want to be debt free by age x. What do I need to do?
· Is there any way of making my money work better for me?
· If something happened to me or my partner, what would happen to us financially?
· How can we make sure that our money goes to the people we want it to after our days?
· If I need care in the future, what impact would that have on my wealth?
Sue Whitbread, communications director at the IFP says: “Financial Planning is just too important to be left to chance. For many people it can be a daunting prospect but the easiest way to approach it is to get the help of a professional financial planner. This week we’re delighted to be able to offer consumers around the UK the opportunity to discuss their situation with an expert. It’s time for action, and helping people to kick start their financial future is the best Christmas present we can think of!”
The IFP advises consumers to book their free session in advance on the link here with one of the following firms.
· Bloomsbury Wealth, London: offering 12 x 1.5 hour sessions 020 7965 4480.
· FPS London, London: offering 10 free one hour surgeries 020 8567 2221.
· Chamberlyns Financial Planning, Luton: offering 5 x 1.5 hour sessions 01582 434 256.
· Everett MacLeod Limited, Kent: offering a surgery day on Tuesday 26 Nov 01732 366 903.
· 1st Chartered Financial Planning Ltd, Chorley: offering a free no obligation one hour consultation for anyone who contacts them during Financial Planning Week. For bookings, call 01257 230 001.
· Stafford and Co, Hertford: six sessions available during the week. For bookings, call 01992 551 950.
· Jessop Financial Planning, Sheffield: offering surgeries throughout the week 0114 267 2789.
· Smart Financial Planning, Manchester: offering surgeries throughout the week 0844 824 6990
· Freedom Financial Planning, New Mills: offering surgeries on Thursday 28 Nov 01663 747000
· Fortitude Financial Planning Ltd, Northants: offering surgeries throughout the week 01327 354 321.
· Eldon Financial Planning, Co Durham: offering surgeries throughout the week 01388 770810
· Penguin, Cardiff: offering surgeries throughout the week 02920 450 143.
· Heron House Financial Management Ltd, Newport: offering surgeries all day on Monday, Tuesday morning, Wednesday morning and Thursday morning 01633 258 200.
· Bevan and Buckland, Swansea, Pembroke and Haverfordwest: offering surgeries for anyone who contacts them during Financial Planning Week. To book with Gareth Tregidon CFPCM call 01792 410100
· Forty Two Wealth Management, Glasgow: offering surgeries on selected dates 0141 404 1500.
· Acumen Financial Planning, Aberdeen: holding an open Day on Wednesday 27 November 01224 392 350.
· Carrington Wealth Management, Belfast: holding surgeries on Wednesday and Thursday evening (5-8pm). For bookings, call Matt on 028 90 33 33 22.
More surgeries are being added every day and if there aren’t any surgeries shown in a specific area, the IFP says to email it on FPweek@financialplanning.org.uk and they will do their best to find one.