13th December 2013
1) Another bad week for banks, as the Bank of England’s Spencer Dale says the break down in trust could imperil economic recovery. This is the week of a huge fine for Lloyds for misselling and another for RBS from the US. Tony Levene looked a range of issues still facing the UK banks back in August this year.
2) Facebook is into the S&P. On Yahoo! Finance in the US, OptionMonster’s Jon Najarian says it deserves its place.
3) The British Chambers of Commerce says the UK economy will pass its pre-recession peak in the second half of 2014.
4) The Macau Property Opportunities trust is the best performing investment trust so far in 2013 with a stellar 85% return.
5) With his usual alternative but perceptive take Shaun Richards suggests the rise in the pound since forward guidance has been equivalent to 1.25% rise in the pound.