Best of the Finance Blogs: How much is a good central banker worth?
- 20 April 2012
Great Britain gets a lot of things wrong, like food and spelling. But here's something they get right: "They're willing to poach the best central bankers from around the world for the top spots at the Bank of England." The Atlantic
Digging through the last 15 years and some insight from British investor Jeremy Grantham's quarterly newsletter, Edward Harrison explains why missing a bull market is a dismissible offense. Credit Writedowns
After watching an episode in which an infant dies of measles contracted from another child whose parents refuse to vaccinate her. Daniel Hamermesh says this is a "classic case of whether concerns about potential negative externalities outweigh the desire to keep the government from dictating private behaviour." Freakonomics
This infographic shows how America's banks reap massive profits from unregulated casino-style betting, and how the derivatives bubble has grown so big that it eclipses the global economy several times over. Zero Hedge
With President Barack Obama announcing this week that oil markets need ‘more cops on the beat' to flush out so-called ‘evil speculators,' economist Mark Thoma makes a very strong case against the speculation hypothesis. Economist View
Got any other suggestions for what we should be reading? Tell us below
Sign up for our free email newsletter here, for your chance to win an Amazon Kindle Touch.
Mindful money Mortgage Tool Box
Looking To Re-mortgage
How Much Could You Borrow
How Much Is Your Home Worth
Find a Mortgage Advisor
- Are these the seven biggest risks to investors from the pension income reforms?
- Brighton is the gazumping capital
- Brokers backing Prudential following strong market update
- Tesco Bank re-enters the best buy tables
- Is Stamp Duty reform on the cards? Hargreaves Lansdown's predictions for Autumn Statement
- Treasury U-turns on "unworkable" pension rules
- The new pension reforms are only months away - is your financial adviser looking after your needs?
- Sales of annuities continue to plummet on the back of upcoming pension freedom
- Ballooning sovereign debt threatens global recovery, Standard Life warns
- Youth poverty surges while pensioners facing financial hardship falls to lowest ever level