Budget 2012: London property meltdown
- 22 March 2012
The prime central London property market is already in meltdown following Chancellor Osborne's changes to the stamp duty rules – at least according to a number of estate agents. Foreign buyers are pulling out, people have taken houses off the market and deals are falling through.
- UK monetary policy is expansionary for banks and housing but what about exporters?
- What does the transfer window just gone tell us about the economics of England's Premier League?
- Possible flight disruption from Icelandic eruption - travellers warned to check their insurance policies for exclusions
- Scottish independence - all others risks pale besides the currency risk
- Douglas Carswell defects to UKIP
- The current difficulties and dangers faced by investors seeking income
- Woodford sells out of HSBC due to "fine risk"
- Half of homeowners would struggle with 1% rate rise
- UK equity funds prove popular with investors
- Consumers miss out on huge savings by sticking with same providers