Budget 2012: London property meltdown
- 22 March 2012
The prime central London property market is already in meltdown following Chancellor Osborne's changes to the stamp duty rules – at least according to a number of estate agents. Foreign buyers are pulling out, people have taken houses off the market and deals are falling through.
- Greek PM will resign if voters back austerity plans
- July's Emergency Budget: Voters would swap support in later years for tax cuts today
- “Grexit is not yet what Greece is facing...”
- UK growth higher than expected
- European Commission publishes what it claims would have been a comprehensive agreement as Greece stands on financial precipice
- Greek banks temporarily shut up shop as latest crisis talks hit a dead-end
- Greek crisis Q&A - what might happen next?
- More than 20% of young male drivers now have pay as you go 'Black Box' insurance policies
- Greek Prime Minister Tsipras calls referendum over humiliating, unbearable bailout
- Landlords upbeat about future tenant demand given stress on housing stock