Budget 2012: London property meltdown
- 22 March 2012
The prime central London property market is already in meltdown following Chancellor Osborne's changes to the stamp duty rules – at least according to a number of estate agents. Foreign buyers are pulling out, people have taken houses off the market and deals are falling through.
- Brits spending two-thirds of their monthly income on essential bills
- Pension savers warned of risks of transferring funds into cash
- Shoppers warned on "scandal" of poor value store cards
- Limit for contactless payments rises to £30
- State pension age set to hit at least 70 by 2050
- No universal agreement on just how weak China is
- Finsbury Food Group is share of the week
- Buying a new car could be cheaper than buying second hand
- US stocks cycle probably peaking
- Get your coat – An M&A party may be in progress but what stage of the night have we reached?