Budget 2012: London property meltdown
- 22 March 2012
The prime central London property market is already in meltdown following Chancellor Osborne's changes to the stamp duty rules – at least according to a number of estate agents. Foreign buyers are pulling out, people have taken houses off the market and deals are falling through.
- Falling UK real wages cannot be covered up with housing market subsidies forever
- The UK economy gets quite a boost from the official statisticians
- How long can France afford its economy to continue stagnating for?
- Three stock picks from F&C European Small Cap manager Sam Cosh
- Government to abolish 55% death tax on pensions
- Just one year to go before Britons can get up to £1,300 a year in State Pension top-ups
- Osborne's move to abolish 55% tax on inherited pensions: Expert reactions and commentary
- Mindful Money's weekly shares watch: Sainsbury’s, Wolseley & Compass
- Mortgage price war continues
- Sainsbury's ad blunder causes Twitter storm