Reading List: Greed isn
- 7 March 2012
According to David Sirota, it would be a disastrous idea for presidential candidate Mitt Romney to run America like a business. Salon
Betsey Stevenson and Justin Wolfers say Ben Bernanke needs to be more assertive when it comes to announcing the Fed's longer-term plans or risk dooming the strategy to failure. Bloomberg
After Monday's announcement that China is lowering its growth target for 2012, Michael Shuman thinks the global economy should be more worried about the potential fallout from a China that doesn't slow down than a China that does. TIME
"So much has been written, by so many, against the muddled ideas that have now overwhelmed good sense on trade policy in the US government that one wonders whether there is anything left to say." Unfortunately, there is. Project Syndicate
The origin of Bretton Woods before the gold avalanche or the war: "it looks like the basic idea actually emerged from the US going off gold in 1933 and an attempt to figure out what it should do next." The Edge Of The American West
Get the best of the financial news via the Finance Blogs
Got any other suggestions for what we should be reading? Tell us below.
- Beware Europe-based financial advisers 'passporting' into the UK but operating to much lower standards on charges and disclosure
- Metal madness - why I'm a gold sceptic
- Paragon Bank sweeps the best buy rates
- Bank results season - what do investors need to look out for?
- There are many reasons to avoid investing in China but we only need one
- Brokers are tipping BT shares as the firm reveals solid first quarter profits
- Tesco scraps hated “unexpected item in the bagging area” phrase from its self-service checkouts
- Banks too slow to learn lessons of Libor and Forex scandals says City watchdog
- Is a September lift-off for US interest rates still likely?
- Royal Bank of Scotland enjoys rise in quarterly profits but litigation costs hit first-half numbers