Reading List: Greed isn
- 7 March 2012
According to David Sirota, it would be a disastrous idea for presidential candidate Mitt Romney to run America like a business. Salon
Betsey Stevenson and Justin Wolfers say Ben Bernanke needs to be more assertive when it comes to announcing the Fed's longer-term plans or risk dooming the strategy to failure. Bloomberg
After Monday's announcement that China is lowering its growth target for 2012, Michael Shuman thinks the global economy should be more worried about the potential fallout from a China that doesn't slow down than a China that does. TIME
"So much has been written, by so many, against the muddled ideas that have now overwhelmed good sense on trade policy in the US government that one wonders whether there is anything left to say." Unfortunately, there is. Project Syndicate
The origin of Bretton Woods before the gold avalanche or the war: "it looks like the basic idea actually emerged from the US going off gold in 1933 and an attempt to figure out what it should do next." The Edge Of The American West
Get the best of the financial news via the Finance Blogs
Got any other suggestions for what we should be reading? Tell us below.
Mindful money Mortgage Tool Box
Looking To Re-mortgage
How Much Could You Borrow
How Much Is Your Home Worth
Find a Mortgage Advisor
- Are these the seven biggest risks to investors from the pension income reforms?
- Brighton is the gazumping capital
- The new pension reforms are only months away - is your financial adviser looking after your needs?
- Youth poverty surges while pensioners facing financial hardship falls to lowest ever level
- Sales of annuities continue to plummet on the back of upcoming pension freedom
- Brokers backing Prudential following strong market update
- Treasury U-turns on "unworkable" pension rules
- Tesco Bank re-enters the best buy tables
- Opportunities in a recovering Japan – what shares could benefit?
- Lending drops by £1bn at Nationwide, but profits rise