Reading List: Greed isn
- 7 March 2012
According to David Sirota, it would be a disastrous idea for presidential candidate Mitt Romney to run America like a business. Salon
Betsey Stevenson and Justin Wolfers say Ben Bernanke needs to be more assertive when it comes to announcing the Fed's longer-term plans or risk dooming the strategy to failure. Bloomberg
After Monday's announcement that China is lowering its growth target for 2012, Michael Shuman thinks the global economy should be more worried about the potential fallout from a China that doesn't slow down than a China that does. TIME
"So much has been written, by so many, against the muddled ideas that have now overwhelmed good sense on trade policy in the US government that one wonders whether there is anything left to say." Unfortunately, there is. Project Syndicate
The origin of Bretton Woods before the gold avalanche or the war: "it looks like the basic idea actually emerged from the US going off gold in 1933 and an attempt to figure out what it should do next." The Edge Of The American West
Get the best of the financial news via the Finance Blogs
Got any other suggestions for what we should be reading? Tell us below.
- HSBC could leave UK, but resurrect Midland Bank before it goes
- Young people expect to retire with £95k in pension, but haven't started saving
- Forget freedom, retirees could be 'nudged' into turning pension into income
- Strict mortgage checks encouraging borrowers to 'play' the system
- Homeowners believe next 12 months is best time to sell
- Brits put finances at risk by being a nation of ostriches
- Government sells £586m of Lloyds shares
- Right to Buy extension will cost taxpayers, warns think-tank
- Why aren't confident UK consumers rewarding the Tories?
- What impact will the next Government have on property investment?