Reading List: Greed isn
- 7 March 2012
According to David Sirota, it would be a disastrous idea for presidential candidate Mitt Romney to run America like a business. Salon
Betsey Stevenson and Justin Wolfers say Ben Bernanke needs to be more assertive when it comes to announcing the Fed's longer-term plans or risk dooming the strategy to failure. Bloomberg
After Monday's announcement that China is lowering its growth target for 2012, Michael Shuman thinks the global economy should be more worried about the potential fallout from a China that doesn't slow down than a China that does. TIME
"So much has been written, by so many, against the muddled ideas that have now overwhelmed good sense on trade policy in the US government that one wonders whether there is anything left to say." Unfortunately, there is. Project Syndicate
The origin of Bretton Woods before the gold avalanche or the war: "it looks like the basic idea actually emerged from the US going off gold in 1933 and an attempt to figure out what it should do next." The Edge Of The American West
Get the best of the financial news via the Finance Blogs
Got any other suggestions for what we should be reading? Tell us below.
- Car insurance premiums start to rise as fake whiplash claims continue to plague insurers
- Lenders cut mortgage rates to record lows
- Pensioners could be hit with 45% tax charge shock when new freedoms kick-in
- Disappointment as Government's Pensioner Bonds will not pay monthly income
- Tesco chairman steps down as group confirms it actually overestimated its half year profits by £263m
- As Junior ISAs mark their third birthday, Child Trust Fund savers need to weigh-up their options
- GSK is a "buy", but pharmaceuticals still under pressure says Share Centre
- Lloyds expected to axe 9,000 jobs over the coming three years as part of strategic review
- Is the bull market in shares now under threat?
- Equity market volatility: A simple correction or the beginnings of a bear market?