Reading List: Greed isn
- 7 March 2012
According to David Sirota, it would be a disastrous idea for presidential candidate Mitt Romney to run America like a business. Salon
Betsey Stevenson and Justin Wolfers say Ben Bernanke needs to be more assertive when it comes to announcing the Fed's longer-term plans or risk dooming the strategy to failure. Bloomberg
After Monday's announcement that China is lowering its growth target for 2012, Michael Shuman thinks the global economy should be more worried about the potential fallout from a China that doesn't slow down than a China that does. TIME
"So much has been written, by so many, against the muddled ideas that have now overwhelmed good sense on trade policy in the US government that one wonders whether there is anything left to say." Unfortunately, there is. Project Syndicate
The origin of Bretton Woods before the gold avalanche or the war: "it looks like the basic idea actually emerged from the US going off gold in 1933 and an attempt to figure out what it should do next." The Edge Of The American West
Get the best of the financial news via the Finance Blogs
Got any other suggestions for what we should be reading? Tell us below.
- What is happening to and in the economy of Ukraine?
- Should the UK lower its inflation target to help real wage growth?
- What are the prospects for a Base Rate rise in the UK?
- European real estate could return 7% a year but deflation remains a threat
- Why are the rail companies allowed to use a redundant (and higher) inflation index to set fares?
- Insurance costs drop 7% but consumers need to move quickly to get the best prices
- Is it time for investors to once again look at UK banking stocks?
- Japanese QE still isn't working
- Mindful Money's weekly share watch: Persimmon, BHP Billiton, Home Depot & AGA Rangemaster
- Risky AIM shares prove to be a young investor's game