Reading List: Greed isn
- 7 March 2012
According to David Sirota, it would be a disastrous idea for presidential candidate Mitt Romney to run America like a business. Salon
Betsey Stevenson and Justin Wolfers say Ben Bernanke needs to be more assertive when it comes to announcing the Fed's longer-term plans or risk dooming the strategy to failure. Bloomberg
After Monday's announcement that China is lowering its growth target for 2012, Michael Shuman thinks the global economy should be more worried about the potential fallout from a China that doesn't slow down than a China that does. TIME
"So much has been written, by so many, against the muddled ideas that have now overwhelmed good sense on trade policy in the US government that one wonders whether there is anything left to say." Unfortunately, there is. Project Syndicate
The origin of Bretton Woods before the gold avalanche or the war: "it looks like the basic idea actually emerged from the US going off gold in 1933 and an attempt to figure out what it should do next." The Edge Of The American West
Get the best of the financial news via the Finance Blogs
Got any other suggestions for what we should be reading? Tell us below.
- Why you should invest in emerging markets now
- Will you still need to carry cash in five years' time?
- Market turmoil: what the savvy investors are buying
- Aberdeen targets diversification with new fund launch
- How much will it cost to send your children back to school?
- Bank holiday warning from motor insurance company
- Thousands of HSBC customers left without cash for bank holiday after payment system failure
- Market woes sees consumers confidence dip
- Forget summer, you need to start thinking about Christmas
- No universal agreement on just how weak China is