Reading List: Greed isn
- 7 March 2012
According to David Sirota, it would be a disastrous idea for presidential candidate Mitt Romney to run America like a business. Salon
Betsey Stevenson and Justin Wolfers say Ben Bernanke needs to be more assertive when it comes to announcing the Fed's longer-term plans or risk dooming the strategy to failure. Bloomberg
After Monday's announcement that China is lowering its growth target for 2012, Michael Shuman thinks the global economy should be more worried about the potential fallout from a China that doesn't slow down than a China that does. TIME
"So much has been written, by so many, against the muddled ideas that have now overwhelmed good sense on trade policy in the US government that one wonders whether there is anything left to say." Unfortunately, there is. Project Syndicate
The origin of Bretton Woods before the gold avalanche or the war: "it looks like the basic idea actually emerged from the US going off gold in 1933 and an attempt to figure out what it should do next." The Edge Of The American West
Get the best of the financial news via the Finance Blogs
Got any other suggestions for what we should be reading? Tell us below.
- The clearest effects of Funding for Lending have been on mortgage lending and savers
- What are the prospects of disinflation and falling prices in the UK?
- Where next for the economy of the Ukraine?
- Bail on your bank shares! Buy insurance, real estate instead
- We are not living as long as we thought warns thinktank. Government's retirement age rise plans may be based on the wrong assumptions
- The best funds for this year's Isa with Chelsea Financial Services MD Darius McDermott
- UK monetary trends still upbeat
- Isa ideas - Absolute Targeted Return funds - good for uncertain markets?
- House prices soar 7.9% in a year. Estate agent says some regions "approaching madness"
- From 'burdened by bills' to 'socialites'. Report finds huge variety of spending habits among older households