Reading List: Greed isn
- 7 March 2012
According to David Sirota, it would be a disastrous idea for presidential candidate Mitt Romney to run America like a business. Salon
Betsey Stevenson and Justin Wolfers say Ben Bernanke needs to be more assertive when it comes to announcing the Fed's longer-term plans or risk dooming the strategy to failure. Bloomberg
After Monday's announcement that China is lowering its growth target for 2012, Michael Shuman thinks the global economy should be more worried about the potential fallout from a China that doesn't slow down than a China that does. TIME
"So much has been written, by so many, against the muddled ideas that have now overwhelmed good sense on trade policy in the US government that one wonders whether there is anything left to say." Unfortunately, there is. Project Syndicate
The origin of Bretton Woods before the gold avalanche or the war: "it looks like the basic idea actually emerged from the US going off gold in 1933 and an attempt to figure out what it should do next." The Edge Of The American West
Get the best of the financial news via the Finance Blogs
Got any other suggestions for what we should be reading? Tell us below.
- How do we defuse the UK student debt time bomb?
- The Bank of England blows its own trumpet but what purpose is it now serving?
- Spain continues a more than welcome economic recovery
- Government incentive to encourage retirees to delay taking state pension slashed by almost 50%
- Can Twitter become a viable alternative to Facebook?
- "Should I stay or should I go?" What to consider if your investment fund is under-performing
- Which towns pay the highest amount of income tax in the UK?
- Your glasses may be stylish but is your eye test more important? The MM interview
- First Time Buyers pushed even further out of the property market
- Households need to act swiftly or risk being hit with an energy bill rise of almost £200