Reading List: Greed isn
- 7 March 2012
According to David Sirota, it would be a disastrous idea for presidential candidate Mitt Romney to run America like a business. Salon
Betsey Stevenson and Justin Wolfers say Ben Bernanke needs to be more assertive when it comes to announcing the Fed's longer-term plans or risk dooming the strategy to failure. Bloomberg
After Monday's announcement that China is lowering its growth target for 2012, Michael Shuman thinks the global economy should be more worried about the potential fallout from a China that doesn't slow down than a China that does. TIME
"So much has been written, by so many, against the muddled ideas that have now overwhelmed good sense on trade policy in the US government that one wonders whether there is anything left to say." Unfortunately, there is. Project Syndicate
The origin of Bretton Woods before the gold avalanche or the war: "it looks like the basic idea actually emerged from the US going off gold in 1933 and an attempt to figure out what it should do next." The Edge Of The American West
Get the best of the financial news via the Finance Blogs
Got any other suggestions for what we should be reading? Tell us below.
- With the strong UK employment market is it time for Forward Guidance mark three?
- Why is Janet Yellen talking the US Dollar down?
- The Bank of England finds that its own Quantitative Easing worked superbly!
- Are the oil majors having to come to terms with the dawning of solar power and what should investors do?
- Are you an Expat with investment property in the UK? - You could be liable for UK Capital Gains Tax
- Budget pension revolution: Just 5% of pension investors planning to blow all the money and rely on state pension
- Where to find an inflation beating savings account
- Home repossessions in the North of England outstripping the South by 44%
- Not buying an annuity? Could investment trusts be the answer to your income needs? Plus Pacific Assets and Schroder Oriental Income
- Property outside London - what's the market like if we ignore the Capital?