Reading List: Growing an economy by growing weed
- 17 April 2012
This article says the legalization of cannabis in Rasquera, a municipality of about 900 and less than 100 miles from Barcelona could bring much needed revenue to government coffers. Scientific American
"Just like Britain before 1929, Europe's Periphery was being secretly buffeted by a slow-burning recession well before 2008. Labouring under an overvalued currency, their industries were being depleted in exchange for phoney growth" Yanis Varoufakis
Here's a few of them: Creating jobs is not the same as creating wealth, the only way to increase a nation's real income is to increase its real output and my favourite: "There ain't no such thing as a free lunch." Library of Economics and Liberty
Eight questions you've always wanted to ask about U.S. taxes, answered with pictures! The Atlantic
An exclusive interview with the 9th most powerful woman in the world and the managing director of the International Monetary Fund (IMF) TIME
Get the best of the financial news via the Finance Blogs
Got any other suggestions for what we should be reading or watching? Tell us below
Sign up for our free email newsletter here, for your chance to win an Amazon Kindle Touch.
- The UK economy combines both house price inflation and goods price disinflationary pressure
- With the strong UK employment market is it time for Forward Guidance mark three?
- Why is Janet Yellen talking the US Dollar down?
- Are the oil majors having to come to terms with the dawning of solar power and what should investors do?
- Challenger banks Shawbrook and Close Brothers launch market leading fixed-rate bonds
- Are you an Expat with investment property in the UK? - You could be liable for UK Capital Gains Tax
- Where to find an inflation beating savings account
- Budget pension revolution: Just 5% of pension investors planning to blow all the money and rely on state pension
- Cost of living eases as inflation drops to 1.6% in March - its lowest level since October 2009
- Tenants to get greater protection as property letting agents are made join approved 'redress scheme'