Reading List: Growing an economy by growing weed
- 17 April 2012
This article says the legalization of cannabis in Rasquera, a municipality of about 900 and less than 100 miles from Barcelona could bring much needed revenue to government coffers. Scientific American
"Just like Britain before 1929, Europe's Periphery was being secretly buffeted by a slow-burning recession well before 2008. Labouring under an overvalued currency, their industries were being depleted in exchange for phoney growth" Yanis Varoufakis
Here's a few of them: Creating jobs is not the same as creating wealth, the only way to increase a nation's real income is to increase its real output and my favourite: "There ain't no such thing as a free lunch." Library of Economics and Liberty
Eight questions you've always wanted to ask about U.S. taxes, answered with pictures! The Atlantic
An exclusive interview with the 9th most powerful woman in the world and the managing director of the International Monetary Fund (IMF) TIME
Get the best of the financial news via the Finance Blogs
Got any other suggestions for what we should be reading or watching? Tell us below
Sign up for our free email newsletter here, for your chance to win an Amazon Kindle Touch.
- Abenomics cannot succeed whilst real wages continue to fall in Japan
- Rather than economic recovery 2014 is more likely to see France return to recession
- Some 40% more likely to do business with a challenger bank compared to a year ago
- Royal Mail reveals the UK's most desirable postcodes...
- Short change - How worried should you be that hedge funds appear so reluctant to short?
- How ex-pats can get their currency conversion right
- Energy customers warned that six fixed rate tariffs due to end on September 30th
- The premium to live near one of England’s top state schools? That's £483,031
- Millions of motorists ignoring the risks of driving the morning after the night before
- Worried about funding your children through university? How measures passed in the last Budget may help