Reading List: Is Greece’s the longest recession in history?
- 29 February 2012
Does this gaffe prove that Mitt Romney is a closet Keynesian? – "If you just cut, if all you're thinking about doing is cutting spending, as you cut spending you'll slow down the economy." New York Times
Greece is in the midst of a recession that has been described as the longest ever recorded. But how does Greece's predicament compare to other tough times in world history? BBC
The case for austerity appears increasingly weak. But this article argues that the case for it becomes stronger when you look at Asian countries' path from the financial crisis in the late 1990's to surprising growth and prosperity today. Project Syndicate
"Obama apparently does not know that the European countries that have become "fairer" over the past two decades are now basket cases of debt, social unrest." Forbes
Whatever you call it, crude oil is a sought after resource that drives the global economy, just look at how oil prices have risen this year alone. This infographic shows how high oil prices affect the U.S. economy. Submit Infographics
Got any other suggestions for what we should be reading? Tell us below?
To receive our free email newsletter sign up here.
- Greece submits proposal to stave off Grexit fears
- British American Tobacco ordered to pay £5.5bn damages to smokers: what it means for investors
- As many as 3,000 families a year forecast to lose Inheritance Tax break
- Drivers warned they must notify their insurer if they modify their vehicle or risk invalidating their policy
- Pension freedoms dash for retirement cash collapses, as savers want to examine their retirement options
- The top five most bizarre caravan insurance claims
- Sentiment towards the UK's housing market knocked
- Mindful Money’s weekly shares watch: Dixons Carphone, Wolseley & Halfords
- Mortgage approvals see biggest monthly leap since 2009
- Engineer AVEVA is a ‘buy’ for intrepid investors claims broker