Reading List: Is Greece’s the longest recession in history?
- 29 February 2012
Does this gaffe prove that Mitt Romney is a closet Keynesian? – "If you just cut, if all you're thinking about doing is cutting spending, as you cut spending you'll slow down the economy." New York Times
Greece is in the midst of a recession that has been described as the longest ever recorded. But how does Greece's predicament compare to other tough times in world history? BBC
The case for austerity appears increasingly weak. But this article argues that the case for it becomes stronger when you look at Asian countries' path from the financial crisis in the late 1990's to surprising growth and prosperity today. Project Syndicate
"Obama apparently does not know that the European countries that have become "fairer" over the past two decades are now basket cases of debt, social unrest." Forbes
Whatever you call it, crude oil is a sought after resource that drives the global economy, just look at how oil prices have risen this year alone. This infographic shows how high oil prices affect the U.S. economy. Submit Infographics
Got any other suggestions for what we should be reading? Tell us below?
To receive our free email newsletter sign up here.
- Will the end of the 2015 kick-start a 'Santa Rally'?
- What to expect from tomorrow's Autumn Statement
- "How far the new state pension falls below the national living wage"
- Why shares in industrial tech business Smiths Group are a ‘buy'
- Which economic indicators can you trust?
- A third of people have no idea what is covered by their home insurance
- Building societies launch fresh salvo targeting savers
- Chancellor unveils stamp duty hike for landlords and boost for home buyers
- Mindful Money’s shares watch: Compass Group, Kingfisher & Marston’s
- Price of financial advice remains a major obstacle for consumers