Reading List: Is Greece’s the longest recession in history?
- 29 February 2012
Does this gaffe prove that Mitt Romney is a closet Keynesian? – "If you just cut, if all you're thinking about doing is cutting spending, as you cut spending you'll slow down the economy." New York Times
Greece is in the midst of a recession that has been described as the longest ever recorded. But how does Greece's predicament compare to other tough times in world history? BBC
The case for austerity appears increasingly weak. But this article argues that the case for it becomes stronger when you look at Asian countries' path from the financial crisis in the late 1990's to surprising growth and prosperity today. Project Syndicate
"Obama apparently does not know that the European countries that have become "fairer" over the past two decades are now basket cases of debt, social unrest." Forbes
Whatever you call it, crude oil is a sought after resource that drives the global economy, just look at how oil prices have risen this year alone. This infographic shows how high oil prices affect the U.S. economy. Submit Infographics
Got any other suggestions for what we should be reading? Tell us below?
To receive our free email newsletter sign up here.
- Why you should invest in emerging markets now
- Will you still need to carry cash in five years' time?
- Market turmoil: what the savvy investors are buying
- Aberdeen targets diversification with new fund launch
- How much will it cost to send your children back to school?
- Bank holiday warning from motor insurance company
- Thousands of HSBC customers left without cash for bank holiday after payment system failure
- Market woes sees consumers confidence dip
- Forget summer, you need to start thinking about Christmas
- No universal agreement on just how weak China is