- 1 January 1999
At MindfulMoney we collect different types of information about our users for three main reasons:
1.To help us to monitor and improve the services we offer.
2.To provide personalized services unique to individual users.
3.If in the future the site permits advertising we will collect anonymous details about our users to sell appropriate advertising space on the site.
This might mean showing an advertiser how many users we have on the site; it does not mean sharing an individual's details with an advertiser.
Where we collect registration information from an individual, we will never share that individual's information with a third party, including an advertiser, without that user's explicit permission.
We are absolutely committed to protecting your privacy.
Our policy can be summarised in one sentence: we will not share your information with others without your prior consent.
We have also established the following principles:
1. We will respect your email privacy.
You will not receive unsolicited marketing emails from Mindful Money and/or from third parties screened by us unless you have agreed to this.
We will, however, email you occasionally with information or queries about your registration, your subscription account or postings, for example, with reminders, warnings or copyright requests.
2. We will not pass on any individual user details (including your email address) for third party use unless we have your prior consent.
3. We always ensure that contractors we use in connection with the running of the website and services (for example hosting providers) are subject to strict contractual obligations.
They are only able to process data on our behalf and in accordance with our principles and instructions and not for any other independent purpose.
4. Otherwise, we will only share anonymous aggregate statistics about our users, sales and traffic patterns with our advertisers.
5. Our site is accessible via the Internet and so may potentially be accessed by anyone around the world. Other users may access the site from outside the European Economic Area.
This means that, where you choose to post your data on the site, this could be accessed from anywhere around the world and therefore a transfer of your data outside of the European Economic Area may be deemed to have occurred.
You consent to such transfer of your data for and by way of this purpose.
Where we or our contractors transfer data outside of the European Economic Area this is only ever done with the relevant protections required by law in place.
Updating your personal information
We offer a 'My details' page, where you can update your personal information at any time.
You can get to this page from most pages on the site – simply click on the 'My details' link at the top of the screen when you are signed in.
What information do we collect?
We collect information on our users as follows: through cookies (to allow us to gather data to improve our service to you), through registration and where you choose to disclose data in postings.
The minimum information we need to register a user is an email address, a password and a country.
UK and US users will also need to provide a postcode/zipcode.
We will ask further questions for different services. Unless stated, all registration questions are compulsory.
How do we protect customer information?
We invest in high-quality security and do our utmost to protect user privacy.
UK Data Protection Legislation means we follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information which you have given us, to prevent unauthorised access.
Will we disclose the information we collect to third parties?
We will not sell, trade or rent your personal information to others unless you have given us your permission.
With your permission we will only share your information with carefully chosen, reputable and trustworthy third parties.
Also, we may provide aggregate statistics about our customers, traffic patterns and related site information to reputable third-party vendors, but these statistics will include no personally identifying information.
MindfulMoney follows the relevant legal requirements and uses all reasonable precautions to ensure only responsible third parties see the information, however we are not responsible for any breach of security or any actions of any third parties who receive the information.
Please note that we reserve the right to access and disclose individually identifiable information to comply with applicable laws and lawful government requests, to operate our systems properly and to protect both ourselves and our users.
Any data processors with access to your data in providing services on our behalf are subject to contractual restrictions to ensure that your data is protected, and not used independently by such third party
Advertising and affiliate links
Our editorial content on MindfulMoney is not influenced by advertisers or affiliates (although sponsors are used as a resource for the editorial content, this does not effect the independence of the editorial), nor is it produced for the purpose of promoting goods or services.
Mindful money Mortgage Tool Box
Looking To Re-mortgage
How Much Could You Borrow
How Much Is Your Home Worth
Find a Mortgage Advisor
- Are these the seven biggest risks to investors from the pension income reforms?
- Brighton is the gazumping capital
- The new pension reforms are only months away - is your financial adviser looking after your needs?
- Sales of annuities continue to plummet on the back of upcoming pension freedom
- Brokers backing Prudential following strong market update
- Youth poverty surges while pensioners facing financial hardship falls to lowest ever level
- Treasury U-turns on "unworkable" pension rules
- Tesco Bank re-enters the best buy tables
- Opportunities in a recovering Japan – what shares could benefit?
- Lending drops by £1bn at Nationwide, but profits rise