6th April 2014
1. On the the Telegraph, Jeremy Warner defends Vince Cable over the Royal Mail float. But he suggests the price may be too high now. Worth a read if you are holding on to those shares.
2. On Citywire, Editor-in-chief Gavin Lumsden suggests investors may be misled if Invesco Perpetual doesn’t change the name of its income and high income funds now they look set not to be in the income sector.
3. Invesco Perpetual may have more on its plate. St James’s Place has switched most of its contracted fund mandates away from Mark Barnett and management of much of the money to Neil Woodford. Even the national newspapers are interested as the Guardian reports on the story.
4. The Wall Street Journal suggests investors’ funds are finally returning to emerging markets.
5. BP will this week have to explain to shareholders how its 20% stake in Rosneft may be affected by the crisis in Ukraine as the Guardian reports.