21st December 2013
1) The Federal Reserve has started tapering by $10bn a month with markets calm and even benefiting.
2) Yet Bank of England governor Mark Carney acknowledges the great risks to the economy of unwinding quantative easing.
3) Hargreaves Lansdown has suggested the Invesco Perpetual allows free switches from its funds into Neil Woodford’s new venture as Citywire reports.
4) UK growth continues to be revised up with the ONS saying September2012 to September 2013 saw growth was 1.9% as it revised figures for previous quarters.
5) Gold has suffered its largest falls in 30 years in 2013 as Investment Week reports.